Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 22, 2010

40 weeks


This was the belly picture I didn't think I would have to post because I thought I would have a baby by now! But my due date has come and gone and still no baby. I went to the doctor yesterday and I was 80% effaced and 1 cm dilated. Huge improvement from last week! They also did a nonstress test to make sure the baby is still doing OK in there. I only had to do 14 minutes of a 20 minute test because baby had the hiccups and my doctor said stressed babies won't get the hiccups. So while I am relieved the baby is doing fine, I would like to meet this little one. As my friend Andrea said, perhaps we have a bit of a drama king or queen on our hands, as they seem to enjoy all the attention we are getting for going past our due date! I have so appreciated all the texts, emails, and phone calls from friends and family about what is happening with the baby, I just wish I had more to report. They will induce me on Tuesday, July 27, which will be one week past my due date. Here's hoping we don't make it that far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment