Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 11, 2012

Harper's arrival!


Getting ready to walk out the door
At 39 weeks my doctor decided to induce me to help bring Harper into the world.  I had some unexplained weight loss (which I now think was swelling that I no longer had due to school being out for summer and a lot less time on my feet), but when the scale showed an 8 pound difference in a week, we decided it was the best idea. Harper Evelyn Chan (her middle name is after Brady's grandmother, who will be 101 years old this summer) was born at 12:10 pm, she weighed 7 pounds, 2 ounces, and was 19 inches long.  She is a doll and so far, very easy going.  This is helpful as her brother operates at 100 miles per hour.  Bennett is adjusting to being a big brother.  He has his moments and it is hard for him to share his Momma, but overall it is going better then I expected.  I am enjoying my time at home with my new baby girl!
39 weeks


Harper Evelyn Chan


Daddy's little girl

Meeting her grandparents (Grandpa Chan was on Bennett duty)

Meeting her big brother -  "gentle" touches







Auntie Melissa and Cousin Garrett

Uncle Ryan
We checked into the hospital at 6:00 am and I was given Pitocin.  At 7:30 they broke my water and then we began walking the halls!  Around 10:00 I decided that I couldn't walk anymore and got my epidural around 10:30.  Since I was induced with Bennett I don't know what the natural progression of contractions is like,  but with Pitocin it is intense!  After my epidural it was just a waiting game.  Around 12:00 it was time to push!  I pushed through 2 contractions, about 5 pushes and she was out!  We were so happy to meet our baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment