Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

23 weeks


We had a bit of a scare this week. Sunday morning I woke up with some cramping. Later in the day there was also some bleeding, so I called my doctor. She suggested I try a few things and when those didn't work, she told me to go to the hospital. I was checked out on the labor and delivery floor at Methodist. Turns out all I ended up having was a UTI! Thank goodness!! I guess when you are pregnant the symptoms for a UTI present completely differently, almost like preterm labor. But after being hooked up to a monitor for about 60 minutes, it showed I was not contracting and we were able to go home. I am happy to report the baby seems to be doing well and is very busy moving around in there and I am feeling better!
Update: As it turns out I actually have kidney stones, not a UTI. Yikes! I am hoping they pass unnoticed, as many do. If not, I may get a taste of what labor is like... Think happy thoughts for me on this one, I could use it :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, kidney stones!! We'll definitely be thinking about you!! Love your baby bump! - Meghann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everything is good with the baby! Sorry to hear about the stones, OUCH! We will be thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, you look absolutely adorable! Your baby bump is sooo cute! I'm sorry to hear about the kidney stones--I had not seen your amended update, and yikes! We'll continue to pray for you! --Charity & crew

    ReplyDelete